October 23, 2009
Our Stories: Your Constituents
A Diverse Group of Business, Employee and Consumer Representatives will discuss the importance of Flexible Work Arrangements.
Senate Briefing: 10:30 a.m. To 12 p.m., Senate Agricultural Committee Room, Russell 328-A
House Briefing: 3:00 p.m. To 4:30 p.m., Capitol Visitor’s Center, HVC-215
(The same briefing will be conducted for both Senate and House staff.)
Flexible work arrangements play an important role in reducing work/life conflicts so that employees can succeed at work while fulfilling personal and family obligations. At the same time, many employers across the country now recognize that flexible work arrangements are an effective strategy for building a strong, stable workforce and increasing their competitive advantage.
At this briefing, a diverse group of business, employee and consumer representatives will discuss why flexible work arrangements are important for their family members and the issues they represent.
A representative from each of the following organizations will speak at the briefing:
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- American Psychological Association
- Corporate Voices for Working Families
- Family Values at Work Consortium
- National Military Family Association
- National Partnership for Women and Families
- Society for Human Resource Management
- United States Chamber of Commerce