April 30, 2008
Senate Special Committee on Aging Hearing
On Wednesday, April 30, Chai Feldblum—Georgetown Law Professor and Co-Director of Workplace Flexibility 2010- testified before the Senate Special Committee on Aging at a hearing titled, “Leading by Example: Making Government a Model for Hiring and Retaining Older Workers.”
Professor Feldblum's testimony outlined the ways in which the federal government has already successfully pioneered workplace flexibility programs -- and is uniquely positioned to establish innovative workplace structures that enable older workers to remain active in the workforce.
- Appendix A: "Definition of Workplace Flexibility"
- Appendix B: "Federal Employees Part-Time Career Employment Act of 1978"
- Appendix C: "The Federal Employees Flexible and Compressed Work Schedules Act (FEFCWA)"
- Appendix D: "Some Background Information on Workplace Flexibility in Federal Agencies"
- Appendix E: "Telecommuting: A Case Study in Public Policy Approaches"
- Appendix F: "A Sampling of Government Reports on Workplace Flexibility"